PR tactics and press release marketing campaigns can drive loads of viewers to your website that are most likely interested in your site’s content, products and service offers. While great for lead generation, the messaging you create won’t automatically be on everyone’s radar. To get your message out there, there are tools such as press release directories that have wide content publication networks and readers actively searching for updated news and feature stories. By using these press release directories, you can get more traffic and repeat customers for your site. However, since you most likely don’t have a large team of journalists, how can you efficiently produce quality press releases to regularly drive more traffic to your website?
It’s actually quite simple and it revolves around strategic planning. You can start by developing comprehensive monthly or even weekly reports with detailed info and advice. These reports should provide the needed solutions for problems your target viewers are looking to solve. Then, craft a press a release around each comprehensive report, and regularly submit them to niche press release directories. Simple enough, but how exactly do you find relevant material to cover?
Simple- Just follow the 10 PR Tactics for Lead Generation below:
How to Create Comprehensive Reports For Your Press Release Marketing Campaigns
1. Check out the latest news and cover stories of TV, internet, radio and print media sources that are closely related to your niche, site content, products and service offers. Then document the data in a spreadsheet for easy reference.
2. The exact details you should document in your spreadsheet include the headlines of those news updates and cover stories, topic and sub topic coverage, relevant date and time info and the specific details of the news and cover stories.
3. Carefully study the details in your spreadsheet. Formulate content ideas for a comprehensive report that can be beneficial for your target viewers. You can write a detailed commentary or review about a set of relevant news and latest feature stories.
4. Develop the content outline of your comprehensive report. A guide or tutorial-type format could most likely be more educational and informative for your target viewers. Also injecting info written in a story-type format has been proven by many print media networks as an effective way of keeping your target readers interested and entertained while reading your entire material. But this depends on your niche, so compare the preferences and expectations of your target viewers against different content outlines and formats to use for your comprehensive report.
5. Create an attention-grabbing headline for your comprehensive report.Generate effective ideas by studying the headlines of the news and cover stories you used for developing your comprehensive report.
6. Develop a short and sweet description for your comprehensive report. This description should entice your target viewers to view the rest of your report. This description should also instantly communicate the benefits they can get from your report. To generate effective ideas, study the first few paragraphs of the news and cover stories you used to develop your report.
7. Think of shorter or less detailed materials that you can create in the future to serve as excellent follow-up content for those who’ll download your report. These follow-up materials should offer supplemental info and advice not found in the original report. Be sure to briefly mention these follow-up materials in the report itself. This will entice your report readers to keep posted for more content from you in the future.
8. Integrate your comprehensive report (and future follow-up materials) into the auto responder software of your website. Set your auto responder to go live before writing and submitting a press release about your report.
9. Write a press release about your report. Mention the meaty benefits of your comprehensive report, the news and feature stories covered in detail by the report and the supplemental follow-up materials you’ll be offering to your report readers. Keep in mind to carefully read and study the content submission guidelines and format requirements of the niche press release directories where you intend to submit the press release to.
10. Submit your press release to the niche press release directories in your list.
By following the steps above, you’ll be able to regularly use niche press release directories and drive droves of targeted traffic to your website. Have you had success with using press releases for website traffic? Tell me your story in the comment section below.
This has been a guest post by Sherrie Lim. Sherrie is a digital media writer and technology marketer who recommends building a mailing list to get more repeat business. Check out her latest posts and her email marketing guide. If you’d like to be a guest blogger here, just ask @MrRyanConnors.